Thursday, May 07, 2009

exhaustion hunt

I've read before about how the human body is supposedly evolved for running and that the earliest form of hunting may have been running after the prey until it collapsed of exhaustion. I always found that hard to believe. Why invest so much energy into a big brain when your survival depends on your ability to sweat and your endurance. But this video is simply amazing. I never imagined humans could be so much physically superior to other large mammals. Bonus points for David Attenborough narration.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there is a joke somewhere in there about graduate studies but I can't quite find it...

Rob said...

GO HUMANS!
That was awesome.
"The spear throw was merely symbolic."
Love it. Good find.

Anonymous said...

That's what I do at the bars.

Bayman said...

Nice. That's how we hunt Moose on the northern pennisula.

I guess Karoey gets all the ladies back at the campfire...

Dominic said...

I love this!