Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Found on the Tokyo subway


The caption reads: "based on the natural ingredient formulation, collagen plays an essential role to your body". I had a chuckle. I'll try to see if I can bring back a bottle of natural DNA collagen...

UPDATE- "Anonymous Coward found a poster on the Tokyo subway advertising Natural DNA Collagen, a health drink. I found it for sale at Rakuten - about $300 USD for four 720 ml bottles. What a bargain! Ingredients: Collagen, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Hyaloronic Acid, Chondroitin Acid, Zinc, Salmon Sperm. This last ingredient must be where the DNA comes from…."


4 comments:

The Key Question said...

Maybe "DNA" means totally something else in Engrish.

Like BJ coffee, for example.

Anonymous Coward said...

Dr. Hsien-Hsien Lie from "eye on DNA" figured it out for me:
"Anonymous Coward found a poster on the Tokyo subway advertising Natural DNA Collagen, a health drink. I found it for sale at Rakuten - about $300 USD for four 720 ml bottles. What a bargain! Ingredients: Collagen, Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Hyaloronic Acid, Chondroitin Acid, Zinc, Salmon Sperm. This last ingredient must be where the DNA comes from…."

Bayman said...

Wow. Sounds like liquified human tissue. MMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Anonymous said...

I had a middle-aged Japanese student do an hour-long sales job on this drink to me during a lesson. I listened in amazement. Some of her claims:
It cures terminal cancer
It helps you make babies with beautiful skin
It turned my husband's hair from white to black.
and my personal favourite...the student said that it had reversed the menopause and made her periods start again.

Dangerous stuff that salmon sperm. Apparently very tasty though.