- the average age of sex education is 13.2
- Asian students receive education last, with Vietnam trailing at 16
- Nordic European countries are the earliest, with Germany leading at 11.3
- The average age to lose virginity is 17.3
- The same trend is observed with the loss of virginity, with India at 19.8 and Iceland at 15.6
At first glance there is a strong correlation (R^2=0.7) with sex ed and loss of virginity. But I would argue that it is not causal, because if you look into the details all countries wait 4.20 years between theory and practise with a very small standard deviation of 0.59 . This to me suggests that countries are pretty good at introducing the subject well in advance, and do so according to the local cultures rather than a universal standard age...